Let’s face it, LinkedIn is a very underutilized social media network. Most people believe that it’s too hard to make connections, and therefore use it more as a résumé site. There is so much more potential with this professional social media network.
How many of us have created a LinkedIn account and left it dormant for months?
It was my goal recently to attend more LinkedIn webinars and teleseminars to learn more about this mysterious network. I have often thought to myself, “I’m a professional. Why am I not utilizing this site?” I’ve even heard LinkedIn referred to as the “red-headed stepchild” of social media.
Here are some interesting facts that I learned about this often misunderstood network:
LinkedIn is a search engine and has a ton of authority on Google and other popular search engines.
Likely if you Google your name and you have a LinkedIn profile, it will show up on the first page of Google. This demonstrates the ranking authority of LinkedIn on Google.
Here are 8 amazing things that I learned about this powerful network:
- Engage with the most influential figures in your industry
- Boost your company’s search engine page rank on Google
- Sit down to an all-you-can-read buffet of market research
- Monitor your prospects and customers
- Clarify what your company stands for
- Learn about the media covering your industry
- Position your company as an industry thought leader
- Engage potentials customers with LinkedIn-hosted content
P.S. Have trouble with writing your own autoresponder messages to your leads? Read more here.
Latest posts by chenss85 (see all)
- My “First” Post - January 14, 2016
- test post - December 4, 2015
- Serene Chen Beats Jonathan Budd in Matt Lloyd’s affiliate contest! - March 10, 2013